Last modified: February 21, 2017
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we treat your personal data.
What type of information do we collect when you download and use Numida?
- The personal and business information you enter when you register to Numida
- The transaction information that you record using Numida
- Information about how you use Numida, such as the frequency and duration of your activities on Numida
- The communications between you and Numida Technologies about Numida
- Information about the devices where you install or access Numida, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. Examples include technical attributes of the devices such as the operating system and hardware version, and how you are accessing the Internet
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology and other location services to determine your location. You can withdraw your consent at any time by logging out and uninstalling the App from your device.
How do we use this information?
Numida Technologies is passionate about helping its customers to access affordable financing to grow their business and a simple financial record-keeping tool to help them to better manage their business. We use all of the information we have to help us to:
- Provide and improve our services. We will use all of the information that we have to ensure that Numida and our services are meeting the needs of our users. We use this information to determine whether or not to provide a loan to a user, the amount of the loan, and the terms applicable to the loan. We also use the information to improve the features and usability of the App.
- Improve the technology supporting the App to improve its convenience, efficiency and security.
- Communicate with you. We use this information to respond when you contact us, and when we communicate with you about our service.
- Show targeted advertisements and measure their effectiveness. We use this information to improve our advertising and measure the level of interest that they generate in order to ensure that they are relevant to you.
Who do we share your information with, and why?
We may disclose some or all of the data that we collect from you when you download or use the App to credit reference bureaus. The purpose of this is to verify your credit history if you apply for a loan so that we can consider it in our loan decision, and if you receive a loan, to deter and discourage you from defaulting on the repayment of the loan.
Besides sharing your data with credit reference bureaus, staff and suppliers, we do not share information that personally identifies you unless you give us your permission in writing or unless we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. Personal Information is information like your name, business name, phone number, email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are.
We may work with third parties that pay us to issue advertisements on Numida, providing us with revenues that make it possible to offer our services free of charge to our users. We and our advertising partners want the advertisements on Numida to be relevant, interesting and ideally helpful for you or your business. With this in mind, we use the information that we have about you and your business to show you advertisements that meet these goals. We do not share your Personal Information unless you give us permission. See definition above for Personal Information.
Where do we store your information?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored outside of Uganda. We do this in order to keep our costs at a minimum while maintaining high security standards.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How do I manage or delete information from my account?
If you would like to delete your account and all associated information, please contact Numida Technologies by email at email@example.com or by phone at +256(0)800100240 (toll free).